Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dear God, a Silloquey? Really?

i saw this CtW and freaked out... i had no congregational participation. i told one of the worship team i was going to need Shakespeare tights and a valium.


Good Morning! No truer words have ever been spoken I think...

I woke up early this morning, not on purpose! But I found myself in a peacefully quiet house. As I walked into the living room, I was startled by the orange, golden glow coming through my front window. It had a gravity all its own. I let it pull me toward it. I was in my pj's I admit it, as I walked out my front door and into my driveway.

I stood there and tipped my head back and I let the sun pour over me. I could feel the heat radiate up from the concrete, into my feet and into my ankles.

I felt as if I had stumbled upon a secret celebration. One I hadn't known was going on until I stopped and paid attention. I stayed there for more than 5 minutes... joining in the celebrations of light and warmth and renewal.

As i ws coming to church i realized that there couldn't be anything better to have happen to me this morning. When I first read our Call to Worship it felt more like a Cheer leading to Worship but now I see it is really more like a Call to Celebrate.

Call to Worship

Shout your praises to God, everybody!
Let loose and sing! Strike up the band!

Round up an orchestra to play for God,
Add on a hundred-voice choir.

Feature trumpets and big trombones (and flutes)
fill the air with praises to King God

Let the sea and its fish give a round of applause,
with everything living on earth joining in

Let ocean breakers call out, "Encore!"
And mountains harmonize the finale.

Come, sing to God a brand new song!